Tips to keep Employees Engaged and motivated when they are working – from – home
The past decade has seen wide acceptance for remote working especially in the technology industry. A few months ago the world saw the largest ever work-from-home experiment due to the spread of the novel coronavirus. Precautionary measures like social distancing and wearing masks when you step out of the house are all new to the world and this has turned our house into our workplace and it is going to continue for a while.
For any organization, employee engagement starts with trust and communication between the company and its workforce. It has perks such as a healthy work environment and happy employees which are essential for organizational growth and business success. However, more distance gives leeway to miscommunication.
So, how can organizations ensure employee engagement in today’s WFH culture?
1.Team Building activities
When the employees are at home, it is natural that they will be a little lost and may not be as enthusiastic as they used to be in the office environment. This sudden transition could affect the smooth flow of internal communication of the organization. When there is a problem in the communication flow, it will negatively impact the work and targets.
To overcome these issues, the organization should adopt good collaboration tools for communication as well as to give a virtual office experience. Use good video conferencing tools so that employees feel they are connected with the team members virtually.
Create a forum for employees to share personal as well as professional updates.
Some organizations have adopted a virtual coffee break. These are video calls where employees connect virtually to take breaks, socialize, have their water cooler conversations. These conversations seem effective in preventing potential burnout and isolation.
2. Robust Communication is the need of the hour
In this era of the pandemic, there is a need for getting the right information from genuine sources. The organization can create a dedicated hub for information dissemination, The employees can be given regular updates on the latest organization’s COVID-19 response, advice, and protocols. The organization can ask it’s employees not to spread rumours and unverified news on COVID-19.
3. Goal Setting
To make WFH effective, discipline needs to be maintained by every employee. It is known to everyone that there will be a lot of distractions when employees work from their home and work may get affected as a result.
The solution here is a meaningful goal-setting. The managers need to set clear deliverables and specific performance metrics to track outcomes and measure results effectively.
4. Recognition to employees
Every success story has a trail of recognition to good talents in the organization. Every outstanding performance shall be given due recognition which will boost employee morale and motivate fellow team members to work towards the goal to get recognition.
5. Encourage learning- The current pandemic has given us a lot of time to take up on new skills and hobbies. And a little extra knowledge and learning always come in handy. Encouraging employees to learn something new will give them a purpose other than work and deadlines.
6. Employee perks- Manage your team in a way that they are never short of motivation. A work desk allowance is always a good idea to motivate employees given that a work-from-home environment is always a major factor to keep in mind and not everyone has the benefit of accommodating one for themselves.
7. Promote health and wellbeing- While keeping your employees’ goals activated at all times, it is also important to promote good health and wellbeing. Encourage them to adapt to a healthy lifestyle which also includes a proper table and chair for those who spend long hours on their screens. A good ergonomic office chair reduces chronic back, hip and leg strain associated with being seated for long periods.
8. Elevating corporate culture- A good organizational culture is always something to keep in mind regardless of where you work from. Always keep them influenced and elevated. And just like an elevated corporate culture, Monarch furniture will keep you inspired and work driven.
9. Engage with fun- Work is important, but so is a little free time to relax your mind. Uplift the corporate environment and engage your employees in some fun activities every once in a while. Like online meet-up to share stories and virtual talent show. Keep their work morale high. Remember, a relaxed mind favours productivity.
Hoping that the above points have helped you enhance your organizational operations.
Happy working from home.